This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let's Rumble! Round 1

It's funny, I received a text message yesterday saying "good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes."  Then today, I received so many of the "good luck today" messages I began to wonder if I lost a day somewhere and I was where I needed to be.  Thank you all for the positive thoughts. I was awake last night til about 1am starting thinking about everything and this is the beginning of the craziness to come.  Kinda scares me a little but I am ready for the fight.  I try to not ask myself "why me" because as my very special grandfather told me when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and eventually consumed him "God doesn't give you what you can't handle, if I didn't have this someone else would, and I can't have that."  As a friend of mine posted on my facebook page "I'm a bigger bitch than cancer."  I know that some may think that is a horrible thing to say but that friend is like a brother and we have our moments of pure hatred and love for each other.  He knows me probably better than most and he is right.  You want a fight.... I'm ready!!  :)

Today, I got to see a very special friend who makes me laugh and is very stylish, if I may say so myself.  I misss seeing my other friends in TN but soon we shall see each other.  Today has been a matter of ensuring everything is ready to rock and roll for tomorrow.  Surgery is scheduled and we are in a "go" pattern.  Be at the hospital at 10:45am.  Now the interesting part will be that I can't eat after midnight... now what's my most favoritest thing in the whole wide world.... eating! What do I do first thing in the morning??? Eat! What happens when Deidre doesn't eat???? Ohhhhhh cranky alter ego Deidre comes out.  Oh and let's not forget the wonderful sinus headaches I've been having recently and unable to take anything for them per the discussion with the nurse.  So sinus headaches with hunger/low sugar headaches - I'ma gonna be a peach tomorrow! LOL Staying up to midnight, the last minute of the hour and chowing down.  As I told my cousin, going to do the 74oz steak challenge tonight with all the dressings!



2 comments:

  1. I would say good luck, but I don't think you need luck! You are a bigger person than cancer and your positive energy inspires me! I hope you dont mind, but I used your example (not your name) in a training class today as someone who does not let their circumstances or challenges in life control them. Instead, you are someone who chooses how you will see life and the opportunities it gives you :). You are an awesome person, and I have faith the Dr. will remove the nasty and leave you with 2 "sisters" instead of one. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't mind at all! Love ya girl!! Hugs :)

      Delete