This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Member of the Cook Scar Community






This is the new scar added to my side.  It is being welcomed into the Cook Scar community. It is healing well and my doctor did a fantastic job as before making sure it is smooth connection.  No stitches, he used DermaFlex to keep it together.  The small dot at the bottom of the pic is where he went in from the side to get the biopsy on 4.16.  The incision itself is about 2 inches long.  He cut an oval shape around the tumor and went down removing the segment/wedge of tissue to ensure he got the tumor and the tissue surrounding it. Then he scraped the implant to pull it off the implant wall. 

I received some beautiful flowers today from some friends which was a pleasant surprise to wake up to mid day.  Pictures to come as soon as they bloom a little more.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment