This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Monday, May 28, 2012

Surprise!


The girls at work gave me the necklace pictured above; I was totally surprised.  They peeped into my cube; 3 of them; and I wasn't sure what to think of the three of them.  They said "we wanted to give you something"... These ladies make me laugh (and I mean, belly laugh, tears rolling down my face, snorting laughing) and are so sweet.  Thank you ladies for accepting into the group and being so kind to me.  I appreciate it and love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! You almost made Julia and I both tear up, together, in the bathroom, but not in the same stall together! LOL! Julia said, "That Deidre, she's a keeper!" And I most definitely agree. We just wanted to let you know that we were thinking about you and everything you are going through during this time in your life. Just know that if there is anything at all that we can do for you, we are all here for you, no matter what you need, every step of the way. We love you and are very glad we got the chance to get to know you better! :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys were in the stall together! LOL I love you girls... I appreciate all the laughs you give me and you guy's support. You guys have already done more for me than you even know, there have been some tough days but your smiles and laughs have helped to pull me out <3 :)

    Awwwwwwwwww I'm a keeper!!! Yay!!!

    Thank you ladies

    ReplyDelete