This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Thursday, August 16, 2012

Healing Finally!

Flexibility is returning.  The area under my arm healing up now, it is still pink but with new skin that isn't tender any longer.  Unfortunately, other areas are blistering up as others are healing. I am moving the Poly Mem material around from healed area to new blister areas.  I am just glad to see healing happening rather than continued deterioration.  Don't get me wrong, I am still tender and pangs and twinges still occur but it is so much better than it was a few days ago. 

On the energy front, I am still exhausted and difficulty breathing off and on.  Hopefully all that will heal quickly so that I can do things without getting short of breathe and coughing randomly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment