This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rough Day

I have been overwhelmed by the words of encouragement and love over the last few days.  It has brought up so many emotions that I am emotionally drained I believe today.  Today was hard - I just wanted to curl up in a hole and cry. I canceled my trip I had been planning for the last few months to help save PTO and everything else.  I am going to miss seeing those people that I so enjoyed being around in my last job but especially my TK.  She is awesome if  you haven't had a chance to meet her!

What to do my last healthy weekend before I try to break my body down in order to save it???? When you really think about what I'm about to do to my body, sometimes I wonder is it really worth it all.  You are actually killing your body in order to get better.  I think I'm truly ok with the chemo and radiation - not that I really want it however I can handle that, it's short term.  The part I'm having difficulty with is their "hormonal therapy."  When I think of it, it just breaks this strong, stubborn girl and makes her cry and become weak.  The last thing I want is to be come a fleshy shell of a person with no natural female traits.  The decision to come will bring me a low and I hope I can make a logical decision and not an emotional one. 

I'm still figuring this blog thing out - so bare with me as I play and learn.  Keeping a smile on my face and in my heart.  I got through this once with a smile - I can do it again with the support of great friends and family! Let's get to kickin' some cancer ass!

1 comment:

  1. Deidre your blog is brave & strong just like you! I know I don't get to see you much but I'm here with you in prayer & in thoughts & I will be there for you during this journey as you kick cancer's ass a second time!!! You know you've touched my life with your experience & with your strength more than you'll ever realize & your personal testimony has been such an motivator for me to help push others to be proactive in their health screenings. You are always on my mind & I love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete