This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blisters arise!!!

I am turning red/brown in a location and the blisters have started to come up. You can feel the skin pull when I move and under my arm the skin is getting tight, swelling, and intensifying the numb feeling that is there from the original surgery. Very strange feeling.  I have a Rx for some cream that helps the itching and tender feelings.  I have about 2 weeks left of radiation, just wondering what my skin will look and feel like at that point. 

My friend Kim T. know just the right thing to say and when I need to hear it.  Tonight, she reminded me that the skin will return to normal and just to push through this.  Thank you Kim for knowing what I am thinking and need to hear.  You have been more support to me during both these trips and I truly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment