This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beautiful Day!!!

Ok... really it was rainy and slightly chilly, but beautiful to see the rain coming down to water the grass and fill the streams for the animals to drink, chill of the morning and the warmth of the afternoon, and walk out to the sun and blue sky.  I think having cancer makes you appreciate the small things in life more or at least see them more. 

Today, my strength kicked back in and I was able to walk with my head held high, confident smile on my face, and no tears in my eyes.  I met with my surgeon Dr. Dagher first thing this morning and we discussed the plan for surgery next Wednesday.  As he is telling me the process, he explains there is a risk that since the tiny stinkin' tumor is on my implant, he might accidentally rupture the implant.  I immediately stop, give him the eye, and say "now, let me explain to you that I have faith (emphasizing faith) in you, that you will not rupture the implant and make me a 1 boob girl."  We all laugh in the room.  I am not the doom and gloomer patient, I bring laughter to the situation which is why I think I have the relationship with the doctors.  I am prepared for the surgery to happen, in fact some ways excited.  Means we begin, and get this over with quickly. 

I've been touched by the amount of love from new and old friends and strangers willing to take time to pray for me and my family. I can never say thank you enough.  God is good and alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment