This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 3 Radiation Treatment

I apologize for the delay with writing on here, been crazy busy and exhausted.

I have completed 3 weeks of radiation at this point with 3 weeks more to complete.  At this point, I have some minor skin irritation along the sides and top with some reddening happening however under my breast it is highly irritated.  To help correct this, I have decided to go braless for a few days to see how that helps.  My doctor has given me a cream and recommended vitamin E oil to help with the irritations. It definitely helps when it starts to itch like crazy.

The last week has been interesting with my energy levels, I get tired quickly. Had to co-facilitate classes on Monday and Tuesday and those days, I was dead when I got home. With the understanding I may be entering this phase, I will plan ahead my plans and if they were like today, I will rest the night before.  Today, I celebrated 2 friends 30th birthdays.  The first one was on the lake and the other dinner and some drinks afterwards.  I didn't have any drinks since I was dead tired but rested last night so I could handle all the fun today.  One of the parties was on the lake, so some tubing and boat riding. Haven't been on the lake in a while so it was nice just playing like a normal 29 year old. 

During radiation, I've completed 3 books, getting ready to start book #4, met some cool peeps going through radiation, and enjoyed getting to know the staff at the office.  Radiation is 10x better than chemotherapy, no sickness or balding. I can handle some burns and kick cancers ass again... and this time forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment