This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Monday, July 16, 2012

Quick Update

I meet with my Radiation Oncologist each Monday after my treatment has been completed.  Today, everything looks good.  Last week I had what appeared to me to be heart palpatations, just sitting still my heart would just start racing for no reason.  I told her about that and we are going to see if it happens again this week.  If so, she will refer me to a cardiologist.  She said it sounds like PDV or something like that, where there is arithmia for some reason however, it's not the lethal kind.  It's apparently very common and can come up at any point in time.  She said most people who have it, have a reaction to caffeine.  I don't drink much caffeine through the day, however, I did drink a LOT of mochas last week. LOL 

Also, my implants are encapsulating.  What that basically means is that scar tissue is trying to build up which causes implants to harden and become painful, resolved by surgery.  She said we have to aggressively move the implants around (not massage, not enough) to break up the inflammation that causes it.  By doing this, it breaks loose the tissue which is slightly painful... popping and sometimes out loud.  She said I'll need to do this for a few years to ensure it doesn't build up.  So, get ready ladies... aggression is coming your way.  This would be the reason that I am having tugs and pains on that side is because it is building up. 

No real skin reactions yet, although I am starting to break out on my chest.  A small rash kinda thing looks like it's coming up on the one.  I notice every now and then that the area they tried to do the tattoo during my reconstruction, is starting to crinkle almost but when I try to get a second opinion from my husband, it is smoothed out again. If you don't get the tattoo part, it is medical - not a standard cool tattoo... just fyi... lol

All in all, I'm doing well.  Had a great weekend and moving right along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment