This is the real life story of a 25 year old fighting the fight of her life with breast cancer and then at 29 finding a recurrence and having to make life changing decisions. This is my story.

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Ralph Marston

I've been known as a strong willed, independent, and stubborn girl and woman. Maybe it all was planned to be that way so that I could succeed in this fight. I learn more about myself each day and what I can handle and what's really important in this world.


Friday, June 1, 2012

It is finally Friday!

This has been the longest week in a while and I am so happy and relieved it is Friday.  This week has been an emotional roller coaster ride.  I want to thank all the folks who said a prayer for my friend this week - they received some good news.  Waiting for final results to arrive but from the preliminary scans and tests, things are looking good.  God is good. 

My spirits are back up and happy again.  Sorry about the low the other day, I don't like letting those days show to anyone but I know that I need to let those days out and that is why I'm blogging to get those pesky feelings out.  I appreciate those who took time out of their days to just listen and be there.  It means more to me than you could ever imagine, knowing I can trust you to be able to handle the inner me (good and dark sides) and to allow me the ability to get these things out.  The last time I went through this, I let a lot of it bottle up until the end when it all exploded out one night when my husband was out of town.  I got off work and just literally lost it - mental breakdown.  On the way home at about midnight, I called the company's EAP line and just cried and cried - all the anger, fear, frustration, and pain just exploded out. I was tired of putting on the happy face for everyone and their brother.  After that, I was ok.  So going for the more, slow release theory this time around. 

This weekend will be a spring cleaning weekend.... ohhhh fun! I know, you wish you could be me this weekend here. Thank you all for the encouragement and support.  Oh and by the way, the surgery location has healed beautifully. Looks more like a scratch everyday.  I seriously love my surgeon... he is the best thing in the world. Just hope the radiation doesn't mess with it too much but we shall see. 

Have a great weekend!!!! Woooo hooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment